Monday, June 20, 2005

Mazel Tov!

Cathy and I have had a busy couple of weekends!

  • Last weekend, Cathy went to Chicago for a bachelorette party. They went to see Tony n' Tina's Wedding. Only women would go to a play about a wedding two weeks before an actual wedding. They had a great time, but I've been to other weddings where I didn't know anyone there I can't say I enjoyed myself.
  • While Cathy was out of town, I stayed home. On my way to a Bat Mitzvah on Saturday, I had a flat tire on my '88 Chevy Corsica. The kind folks at Tire Barn helped me fix it. They get Jim's 5 star rating! As if flat tires and Bat Mitzvahs aren't already unusual things for me, on the way to pick up my fixed tire, I had a second flat tire! It hit a pot hole with my spare! Oy Vey!
  • It was actually a good thing I had the flats when I did, because Saturday evening I took the Corisca out of Bloomington for the first time in more than 2 years. And on my way to the Yoder family picnic in Westfield I stopped by the new Fry's Electronics in Fishers. Holy cow, this place is incredible. Imagine a store that combined together a Best Buy, Radio Shack, CompUSA, HH Gregg, Staples, Starbucks and the electronics section of Amazon.com under one roof. It's in the old Incredible Universe store, north of 96th Street. it's now on my must visit list for every time I visit the north side of Indy.
  • Sunday, I saw Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith in the theater for the 2nd time. Because I could!
  • This past week, our niece Laura stayed with us while her brother Neil was at the IU Summer Music Clinic. While she was in town we took her to the "Roots" vegetarian restaurant on the square in Bloomington. Friday, she and Cathy celebrated their own Hillary Duff day. They saw her perform on the Today Show concert series, be interviewed on Live with Regis and Kelly and went to see the first showing of her new movie, The Perfect Man. We capped off the night by renting Cheaper by the Dozen. We also got to see the final concert for Neil's camp on Saturday.

No comments: