Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Harry Potter

Ok, I admit it, I love reading the Harry Potter books. I just finished the latest book, the 6th in a series of 7 books, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. It took me about a week and a half to read through the 672 pages. I was 107th on the Monroe County Public Library waiting list. The library bought 50+ copies, so they made it through the waiting list fairly quickly.

Yes, I'm a 30 year old that like to read books written for kids between 9 and 15. It's a great distraction from my normal reading of zoning codes and lawn care manuals. I rarely ever read novels anymore. And I find it amazing that kids will sit down to voluntarily read a 600 page book! At least all the hysteria has died down about Harry Potter promoting witchcraft and the occult to kids.

I now know which main character dies, who the half blood prince truly is and what Harry has to do to finally stop Lord Voldemort. Now I just have to wait till book seven is published.........

No comments: