Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Latest project

Latest project, originally uploaded by jcroach.

Here's a little preview of my latest project. My parents got us a MiniDV Camcorder for Christmas. I'm working on finding a way to convert their old Super 8 films to DVD. I'm running into a problem with frame rate. Super 8 film runs at 18 frames per second while NTSC video runs at 30 frames per second. The difference creates a screen flickering affect that is annoying at the least and creates a virtually unwatchable movie at the worst. I'm trying to find a 8mm projector with a variable speed control to fix this. If anyone out there knows where I can rent/borrow/steal one from, please let me know. In the mean time, this frame was scanned with a slide scanner attachment on a flatbed scanner. It's George and my Mom at Santa Claus Land theme park in 1981.

No comments: