Monday, June 19, 2006

7 years of memories

Today is Cathy and my 7th wedding anniversary. It seems like just yesterday that we were a couple young kids walking down that aisle. Before we got married I had a bunch of grumpy old married men try to talk me out of it because they hated their marriages. Well, 7 years later and I don't regret a day of it. My life is many times over better married than it ever was before. So, let's recap the last few years of our life, since June 19th, 1999:

  • The day after our wedding we moved to Bloomington
  • We've lived in two apartments before moving into our first home in June 2004
  • Cathy's had three jobs and I've had two
  • I finally finished my Masters degree and was admitted into the American Institute of Certified Planners
  • We adopted two cats, but unfortunately had to find a new home for one of them this year
  • We've said goodbye to friends and family, including Cathy's Grandma Hiland
  • We've welcomed three new nieces and nephews into the family and lots of children of friends
  • We've lost track of some old friends but we've made many new ones
  • We launched the Roach Family Blog in the Fall of 2004
  • We both turned 30
  • And last but not least, we welcomed Parker into our family 9 months ago

Let's hope the next 7 years are even more memorable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Aniversary! Here's to hoping that the future is as wonderful as the past.

Catharine said...

Am I a Lucky girl or what??