Thursday, March 08, 2007

Long time without an update!

Ok, I've been slacking on my blog updates, so here's a big one.

  • Congratulations to Mike and Julie McElwee on the birth of their 2nd daughter, Madeleine Grace McElwee. Parker is no longer the youngest grandchild.
  • Congratulations to Matt and Connie Brown on the birth of their 3nd child and first daughter, Cassidy Rynne Brown, who was born on January 21st.
  • Cathy, Parker and I saw our first "kids concert" on February. We saw Justin Roberts here in Bloomington. It was a benefit for the Children's Corner Cooperative Nursery School. He has some infectiously funny songs that I can't get out of my head!
  • We celebrated my 32nd birthday a week ago. It was rather uneventful, but it was great to go out to dinner with my family. Parker loves pizza! My parents however didn't call me on my birthday and sent my card "postage due!" I'll be milking that one for years, I'm sure.
  • Parker continues to grow and amaze us. His new favorite words are clock, button, crayon and star. He's learning how to hop and he's got the best "ribbet" I've ever heard! We're working hard on his colors and "Please" and "Thank you."
  • I keep getting hooked further by Heroes on NBC. It's the super hero fix I've been looking for since I "grew up."
  • I leave on Saturday for a week in New Orleans. And no, it's not going to be drunken debauchery. I'm part of a team of about 20 from our church that are going to help rebuild and repair homes damaged by Hurricane Katrina. It's part of a spring break blitz being organized by the United Methodist Committee on Relief.

No comments: