Thursday, May 10, 2007

Weeping and gnashing of teeth

I had a real shock yesterday. Part of my tooth broke off! I was sitting in my office, chewing on a pen, talking to a local engineer, and my tooth broke! It totally freaked me out. Now, I've had teeth falling out dreams before. Those dreams are usually interpreted as reflecting anxiety about body image or as being an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety. Well, the second one would have fit me, that's for sure. I wish it had all been a dream, but it wasn't. I even kept the piece that broke off thinking the dentist could glue it back on or something. No such luck. Looks like I'm going to need a 3/4 crown. This will be my first major dental work - I never had braces or a root canal - so I'm a little nervous. Maybe while I'm in the chair the dentist can fit me for a set of those diamond grills all the kids are wearing. Dinkin' flicka!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I just filmed a video demonstrating how to make a crown. It seems relatively harmless. :)