Thursday, June 14, 2007

Reunions and Soda Jerks

So, I missed my 10 year college reunion last weekend. OK, so maybe I didn't really miss it all that much. None of my old friends form DPU were going to be there anyway. We'll take Parker to a couple more DPU football games in the fall. That's a lot more fun than a reunion anyway.

Speaking of the mid 1990s, I saw that one of my favorite bands from that time has a new album coming out. Buffalo Tom's "Three Easy Pieces" is scheduled for release on July 10th. This is their first new studio album since 1998's "Smitten." One of my fraternity brothers turned me on to them my freshman year. My brother George and I crammed into a car with him and a couple of other guys on "Sibling weekend" and headed to Indy to see them at this little hole in the wall all ages club in Indy called Second Ave. back in 1994. They put on a great show, but haven't been back to Indiana since. Maybe they'll pass through Bloomington this time around. I'll never get tired of songs like "Soda Jerk", "Tail Lights Fade" and "Souvenir."

Another great early 1990s band has a new album coming out. Smashing Pumpkin's new album Zeitgeist is also scheduled for release on that same day. Their first since 2000.

No comments: