Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My boss on Google Maps


View Larger Map


I just noticed today that a Google Maps Street View is now available for Bloomington! This is great. These are better photos than we have available at work from the County Assessor and they put buildings in context. My goal is to never have to leave my desk again! Just kidding. My co-workers and I wasted a good 20 minutes this morning scrolling around the virtual Bloomington. I even found a image of my boss out for his mid-morning walk. A co-worker determine that the pictures must have been taken in early August 2007, because of a theater marquee announcing an upcoming show in late August. No pictures available of our house yet, unfortunately. I'm curious how often Google plans on updating the images and how much this is costing them.

No comments: