Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Didn't Make the Cut Part 8: Weird Al

"Weird Al" Yankovic was the first musician that was "mine" apart from my parents. I was probably 9 when I started listing to Al's classic albums "Weird Al Yankovic in 3-D" and "Dare to Be Stupid." Weird Al's parodies and polkas were a good primer and introduction into popular music for me as a pre-teen. And I still enjoy hearing his parodies like "White and Nerdy"! Over his 25 years of recordings he's produced a couple of Christmas songs. Christmas at Ground Zero was from his 1986 album "Polka Party!" The second song, "The Night Santa Went Crazy" is one I didn't know of until pointed out to me by my sister-in-law Dawnielle. It's from 1996's "Bad Hair Day" album.


Christmas At Ground Zero:



The Night Santa Went Crazy (for Dawnielle)

No comments: