Tuesday, March 15, 2005

News from a galaxy far far away...............

Ok, so I'm totally geeked up about the third Star Wars movie. "Revenge of the Sith" which opens Memorial Day weekend, Thursday, May 19th. I remember seeing "Return of the Jedi" at the old Starlight Drive-in in Lebanon as a kid. I remember seeing the re-release back in 1997 while at DePauw. It was during fraternity initiation week my senior year. We left the half of the pledges that hadn't been initiated yet waiting in a darkened room and all the actives and newly initiated members went to a midnight showing! Good times.

This movie should tie all the story lines together. How do all the Jedis die? What pushes Anakin to the Dark Side? How does Darth Vader come to need to wear his helmet and life support suit? Why are Luke and Leai separated at birth? How does Amidala die? How does Yoda end up on Dagobah? And what has always confused me, why does Obi-Wan disappear when he dies in "A New Hope" but Qui-Gon Jinn doesn't disappear when he dies in "A Phantom Menace"?

Check out the trailer on starwars.com or any of a thousand fan sites and see if you don't get as geeked up as me.

No comments: