Thursday, April 06, 2006

(Parenthetical) Song Titles

Last month's Giant magazine had a short blurb about songs with parenthetical titles. It got me thinking about my CD collection and some of my favorite artists and songs. I found 17 songs in my collection with parenthetical song titles. Why do I care? Why should you care? Why didn't the artist stick with a shorter name? I world may never know.

  • (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love & Understanding - Elvis Costello
  • (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes - Elvis Costello
  • (I Don't Want To Go To) Chelsea - Elvis Costello
  • Pride (In the Name of Love) -U2
  • Stay (Faraway, So Close!) - U2
  • With a Shout (Jerusalem) - U2
  • Ultra Violet (Light My Way) - U2
  • I Got You (At the End of the Century) - Wilco
  • Outta Mind (Outtasite) - Wilco
  • (Was I) In Your Dreams - Wilco
  • Spiders (Kidsmoke) - Wilco
  • Teen Angst (What The World Needs Now) - Cracker
  • Murder (Or a Heart Attack) - The Old 97s
  • Damn, Sam (I Love A Woman That Rains) - Ryan Adams
  • Jesus (Don't Touch My Baby) - Ryan Adams
  • Sweet Lil' Gal (23rd/1st) - Ryan Adams
  • To Be Young (Is To Be Sad, Is To Be High) - Ryan Adams
Check out these blog posts about parenthetical song titles
barrettchase.com
lasagnafarm.com

1 comment:

jcroach said...

Here's another blog post at q4music.com